Information for Parents
Our Parent Information Booklet will provide you with detailed information on the services and programs that we offer at Vale Park Preschool.
NOTE: All downloads open in a new browser window
|Download||File Size||File Type|
|Parent Information Handbook (2017)||2473 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Policies/Procedures||File Size||File Type|
|Behaviour Guidance Code||202 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Changing Clothes Procedure (2016)||199 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Medical Conditions Policy (2016)||190 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Emergency and Evacuation Policy 2015||201 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Excusions Policy and Procedures 2015||200 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Fee Policy 2016||212 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Concerns and Complaints Procedure (2017)||200 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Hot Weather Policy (2016)||199 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Nutrition & Food Policy (2016)||215 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Orientation Procedure||207 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Priority of Access Policy (2017)||104 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Sun Protection Policy (2017)||225 KB||Adobe PDF|
|Water Safety Procedure (2016)||137 KB||Adobe PDF|
For more information regarding policies, please visit the DECD Policies and Procedures webpage for Early Childhood Services.
We look forward to your involvement in your child’s year at preschool. You are welcome to spend time during any sessions with us.
You can be involved through:
- Talking with children about what they are doing, reading to them, playing board games and supporting them to use the computer etc.
- Sharing your skills and resources for example, cooking or gardening with the children, coming into the centre to talk about your hobby or occupation or playing a musical instrument etc.
- Sharing you cultural heritage and celebrating festivals and celebrations with us.
- Joining the Governing Council
- Assisting with fundraising.
- Helping children exchange library books.
- Attending parent meetings and open nights.
- Providing resources relevant to the Educational Program.
- Assisting with cleaning up at the end of the session e.g.
washing down tables and easels , putting chairs up at
the end of the day, packing up outdoor equipment,
sweeping and raking outdoor areas and helping with dishes.
- Taking a turn to assist us in the laundering of smocks and dress-up clothing. The roster for this is on the whiteboard near the entry to the preschool.
Governing Council is made up of interested parents who meet twice a term to assist in the smooth running of the centre.
The Governing Council works together with staff to:
- develop and discuss site improvement plans
- develop and monitor strategic directions of the centre and allocate finances so that the directions and outcomes for the centre are achieved.
Social networks develop within the centre’s community when parents participate on the Governing Council together with the planned social functions and fundraising events.
If you are interested in joining this Governing Council and would like to become more involved in your child’s preschool year please see staff or join us for one of our meetings which are always advertised.